Jun 23, 2008

Spain or Germany for Euro 2008!!

I like both teams, I don't mind if either Spain or Germany wins. But I think my first choice would be Spain. This is the time for Spain to shine. We watched the match between Spain and Italy yesterday and it was so intense!! Both teams were strong, Italy has a solid defense line but most of us really wanted Spain to win. In the end, the best team wins. The match was reduced to penalty shootouts because the score was still 0-0 after 30 minutes of extra time. I hate watching penalty shootouts. Its exciting but at the same time very scary. Despite making a huge mistake for substituting Fernando Torres in the second half, Spain still won the penalty shootout 5-3, it was scary because Torres could not take a penalty shoot. I haven't watched any football matches in a long time because I usually don't have time to. Now I realise how I miss watching football. It started when I was doing my A' Levels. I always had to hit the books and had no time to catch up on watching football or watching TV at all for that matter. I remember when I was football crazy eight years ago and I watched every Liverpool FC match religiously, bought weekly copies of Match magazine, sometimes FourFourTwo and Shoot magazines if I had extra cash because they were kinda expensive. I used to write reviews and commentaries of football matches and players and dreamed of becoming a football journalist someday. Haha oh well, so much for that. Those were the days when Steven Gerrard was still a rookie in Liverpool and after watching him play his first few matches, I knew instantly that someday he is going to be a star and a key player for both Liverpool and England. I was right :) I used to be crazy about Gerrard, well I'm not crazy about him anymore like before but I still like him as a Liverpool skipper. And I agree with Rafael Benitez, Stevie G and Fernando Torres make a great pair! It's funny how Liverpool FC is somewhat like a Spanish club now, having a Spaniard as manager, I never thought Liverpool would have more Spanish players. But it's all good :) Fernando Torres is another key player for both Liverpool and Spain. He wears the number 9 shirt, previously worn by the Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler, and Torres is definitely another Liverpool legend in the making. Here are some pictures of the very gorgeous Fernando Torres (he is such a pretty boy). Sigh *dreams away*....





Torres!!!!


The perfect pair: Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres

No comments: