Jan 29, 2010

22 and still broken

Why I fucking love MUDVAYNE

(PER)VERSION Of A TRUTH
When everything is lost (peel it all away). Haunting us with questions (asking).
Will we ever find the smile inside (no), is it hidden behind the sweating eyes (bleeding)?
Dead inside - a scream that's pouring from me!
I'm planted in this skin (constricting and pulling me).
This dirty, filthy skin (rancid and stinging me!)
I burn behind the walls (that have become my world).
The bearer of a gift, FUCK YOUR GIFT!
TRUTH DOES NOT EXIST, but the lies do...
They're buried in the skin, evolved.
Perversion of a truth, I'm stuck there. (Alone)
Inside of lies buried in me, WHY?!
Born into a world; never asked to be here.
Try to forget truth doesn't exist, TRUTH!
It doesn't exist, it doesn't exist, TRUTH!
Always inside a tragedy (things never seem to go away).
A room that I remember (portraits I carry).
Try letting go of this space (bad habits can't kick me).
The fool that fell from heaven.
Maybe we're all the children of a star, misguided in direction, our misdirection.
Pardon me while I pray for light.
I'm not the only one that walks between the rain, there are many.
I'm not the only one when everything is lost that doesn't surrender.
Your versions of the truth, LIES!

SILENCED
Sticker this, censor this, ban this, we've got something to say!
Police this, condemn this, damn this- we'll be heard anyway!
Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!
Listen here.
Is it a possibility that we're all just equal? Slam the power down, abusing!
Does it piss you off to be beat at your own game?
You lead us with false morals and shelter reality!
No more... we're not buying your product when you're selling the words preaching silence!
Insult me in my home where you were never invited To live life off your curve, frustrating!
Throw sticks into the spokes to relieve insecurities.
Stifle all ascension and sticker our freedom of speech!
SO WRONG!
Don't tell me what I want, don't tell me what I need.
Don't tell me how I need to feel, I feel GODDAMN NOTHING!
Dig the eyes out of my face, I can still see right fucking through you.
Fuck you and everything you are, I'm me, we're us, and that's all!
Closed mind with a forum to criticize, keep your policy and I've got mine.
Exploit me, fabricate your lies, we empower these cowards just to be left in silence!
Listen here:
Stand on my soapbox and speak my own peace. Whatever you may think, it's
REAL!
Prevail through what is me and step on your beliefs.
Thieving spineless sell-outs robbing our integrity!
BRING IT ON!

CHOICES
Leaders are guilty of nothing. They're perfectly insane.
But if they'd point the finger at themselves,
Who would be left to blame?
Lead into grace. Lead to corruption.
A truth or lie has to be spoken.
King or con has to be chosen.
Way of life complete or broken...?
Follow truth or stutter through a lie?
Will to push or give up and fall behind?
Live with peace or nurture your tragic life?
Bite the bullet or swallow it whole?
NO MORE CHOICES!
We don't have a choice anymore anyway.
We don't have a voice anymore anyway.
There's no choice in freedom.
There's no voice in freedom.
They're lost system of destruction.
Flush all hope down the drain.
But if they'd point the finger at themselves,
Who is left to blame?
We don't have a reason anymore anyway.
We don't have control anymore anyway.
We don't have opinions anymore anyway.
There's no choice in freedom.
There's no voice in freedom.
Freedom, buy in
Freedom, sell out
Freedom, betray
Freedom, lay down
Freedom, corrupt
Freedom, opinion
Freedom, give up
Freedom, give in

TRAPPED IN THE WAKE OF A DREAM
Do I deserve these beatings? Hating me, well then cut.
Cut the noose and let me fall away.
I'm growing weak and tired of you, and your little shoving games,fucking pushing me.
You pulled the trigger, trapped in the wake of your...
DREAM! You're all killers! Always fucking pushing me, insulting me, I'm overcome
I have found the strength of gods in me.
Crushing, all unwilling, this is so unstoppable.
Hard as nails, hook that holds, reach down and find the strength of many in you.
My sanctuary calling my name, so I run through to the light, weeping through a cloud.
Darkened by a tainted dream of me, being pummeled by the tide crushing, killing me.
But I can't wake up, trapped in the wake of a...
DREAM! You're all killers! Always fucking pushing me, insulting me, I'm overcome
I have found the strength of gods in me.
Crushing, all unwilling, this is so unstoppable.
Hard as nails, hook that holds, reach down and find the strength of many in you.
Call it, call it a truce, I'm believing in it more and more.
Comfort, purge the truth, I'll believe it, I'm so weak and sore.
Shadowed, hide and seek, but you never looked, I wait behind the door.
Call out, bite the hand that is feeding, COMPASSION NO MORE!
I HOPE I NEVER WAKE UP!
Dream sewing, filters distort reality of what is mine.
Through light this mind awakens, I draw the line from then and now.
Awake and dreaming, forgotten past... future becomes MINE!
Throw the chains all away, take control of your life.
Powers known, this is my dream!

THE PATIENT MENTAL
Patient, just as I am, as always.
Watch the time go by, nothing left to pass by.
The minutes follow me, drunken little people work away in me.
Why won't they leave me, leave me alone?
When I don't even want me, want me.
I have to kill the words before they form my sentence.
The sentence that is me, judged by those that carry.
The patient sits in cradled arms that comfort me by strangling.
The patient mental sits and stares,
An idle mind that's empty, screaming, staring back.
A passive speared ritual, driven by our war ship... the hate-driven enemy.
They have to kill the meal before they can consume.
Consume my inner peace without the understanding.
Trapped inside the works, the hands are moving me.
Release me, let me go, why do they observe me?
There's nothing here to cure.
I can see the silhouettes that sit behind the mirror.
I'm just like a clock upon the wall - always moving, but never going anywhere.

SKRYING
This puzzle's dead inside, missing pieces growing eyes, mystery.
Little girls severity, little boys begging mercy.
Sticks break at me, cost of life at 23.
Price of pain - a golden ring, all crimson.
Melting body, rubber world; battle axe with locks of curls, INTROVERTED.
My cost, the price of a broken doll, can you remember that place?
That place you would go to make things okay...
1000 points for insect stings, glue my spirit, break my wings, misery.
Libido steams, infectious whore... cauterize and forge the sword.
REMEMBER KILLING!
Children learning the secret knock,
A nickel to enter that place, that place you would go to make things okay.
My cost, the price of a broken doll, can you remember that place?
That place you would go to take pain away...
Games of passion taste so sweet, cut his throat and slaughter meat, my secrets.
Seven heads for seven seas, darkened voices plead disease, dismembering me.
Children wrestle to seal the bag, storing it deep in that place.
That place you would go to try to escape.
Children learning the secret knock,
A nickel to enter that place, that place you would go to make things okay.
My cost, the price of a broken doll, can you remember that place?
That place you would go to take pain away...
Skrying through reflections in a pool, I see death coming, mowing down.
Do you remember the bedroom, was it your cell or was it your tomb?
You're living through my hell!!

PUSHING THROUGH
Rip the womb, feeling so sorry, selfish and sore. WISH I WASN'T BORN!!
Piece by piece I can carry it all. Strength to be driven.
So unforgiving anything is possible. Like leaving you all,
I'm turning my back on this killing so small.
Step by step I'm pushing through this (all of you get away from me).
Eye for an eye I'm pushing through this. My law!
Step by step I'm pushing through this (all of you get away from me).
Tooth for a tooth I'm pushing through this, through you!
Salt the wound, cut through a conscience I've failed to explore.
The calm before the storm. Speak your peace and prepare for the fall
Words have been chosen, tainting the gift.
Lying truth's so incredible. So fuck you all!
I'm turning my back on this killing so small.
Spread the word, the killing is over.
Severed, more than I am, more than I ever was,
Blindside, threatened, my worth, sequestered deliverance.
You stoned a part of me! You've taken a part of me!

HAPPY?
In this hole, that is me. The dead are rolling over.
In this hole, thickening. Dirt shoveled over shoulders
I feel it in me, so overwhelmed. This pressured center rising.
My life over turned. Unfair the despair.
All these scars keep ripping open!!
Peel me from the skin. Tear me from the rind.
Does it make you happy now?
Tear meat from the bone. Tear me from myself.
Are you feeling happy now?
In this hole, that is me. A life that's growing feeble
In this hole, so limiting. The sun has set all darkness
Buried underneath. Hands slip off the wheel.
Internal pathway to contention.
In this hole, that is me. Left with a heart exhausted
Whats my release? What sets me free?
DO YOU PULL ME UP JUST TO PUSH ME DOWN AGAIN??
Does it make you happy? Are you feeling happy?
Are you fucking happy Now that I'm lost left with nothing!!

ALL TALK
Where will you be when it all falls down?
Where will you be when it all comes back around?
Where will you be at the end of our days?
Just following the footsteps let the liars lead the way?
I can talk about love, I can talk about hate.
I can try to teach a lesson, but I doubt it penetrates.
I can give you all excuses till I'm blue in the face.
I could talk about serenity but it doesn't mean a thing anyway.
Who will you blame?
Who will you blame for the soot-filled days?
Who will you blame for the hurricanes and tidal waves?
Who will you blame for the riots and the anger?
Just crying in the corner wishing you would've had a say.
Like a monster hides in your closet, it's creeping closer but we don't care.
Are we all insane, if it's just a game well I don't wanna play.
I could talk about problems, I could talk about sin.
I could talk about our triumph, what do we really win?
I could talk about forgiveness, though I'd probably be condemned.

No comments: